Saturday, February 15, 2014

Copycat Clif Z Bars

So I loved the Clif Z bars I found at Costco, but was disappointed when they stopped carrying the bars! I decided to make them myself, so I merged a few different recipes I'd seen. I liked the result! Here's the recipe:

2 C old-fashioned oats
1 tsp wheat germ
1 tsp flaxseed
3/4 C pitted dates

Mix the above items in a food processor. Then add:
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 T brown sugar

Move to a mixer or just mix the following ingredients in by hand:
1 C oatmeal
1 1/4 C applesauce
1/2-3/4 C milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

At this point, the bars are ready to cook, but you can add whatever add-ins you'd like. I split the batter into two batches and added 1/2 C of peanut butter and chocolate chips to one half, and walnuts and dried blueberries to the other half.

Spread the batter into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment